After you sign up to host a screening in celebration of National Canadian Film Day 150 (NCFD 150), our team at REEL CANADA is here to help you at every step along the way. If you can’t find what you’re looking for, please contact us and we’ll help you right away!
So everyone feels welcome!
- [Download] ReelAccess Guide: A Guide to accessible film festivals and screenings
Audience Development Resources
- NCFD 150 Host Script
You’ll find step-by-step instructions to help your screening stay organized and on schedule.
- Audience Development Tip Sheet
Planning your screening party for NCFD 150? Check out our top 5 ways to fill the house at your event!
- About NCFD 150
National Canadian Film Day 150 (NCFD 150) is a massive one-day celebration of Canadian cinema in honour of our nation’s sesquicentennial. Find out more here.
- Press Releases
Want to invite local press to your event? Download this template press release and add your own information.
Just joined NCFD 150? Read through our e-blasts and catch-up on what’s been communicated so far.
- February 21, 2017: Time to start promoting your NCFD 150 event!
- February 27, 2017: More ways to promote your NCFD 150 event!
- March 20, 2017: Fête your NCFD 150 event in English and French!
REEL CANADA: Our Films in Our Schools
To discover other REEL CANADA programmes that run year-round — Our Films in Our Schools and Welcome to Canada — please visit reelcanada.ca.
Tell us how your NCFD 150 event went!
Just a heads-up that we’ll be in touch after your NCFD 150 event to check in and find out how it all went. We’ll be interested to gather some info from you, including stuff like how many volunteers you had helping and how many hours they worked, how many people turned up, etc. Rough estimates will be fine and we appreciate your keeping some track of all of this.
Your NCFD 150 film package
If we’ve confirmed we’re providing you with a copy of the film(s) you’ll be showing for NCFD 150 then this will arrive via Canada Post early April and will also include the following:
- a DVD of this year’s NCFD 150 pre-show with some specially-produced content to help set the tone for your event (this will also be available to stream or download from our website)
- a stamped and self-addressed return envelope so you can easily send your film(s) back to us following your screening
- a suggested script to help you introduce your NCFD 150 event